[Insight-users] Reading Analyze files

Fri, 29 Aug 2003 19:28:54 -0400

Hi Jenny,

The Analyze reader are working ok according to the nightly
tests in the dashboard. (this is what you will see in ITK 1.4)

The simplest test you can do for reading Analyze files is
to use the Examples in  Insight/Examples/IO.

Try

           ImageReadWrite.cxx

This simple program expect just an input image filename
and an output image filename.

ITK will recognize the extension  ".hdr" for analyze.

You can do something like convert PNG images in to Analyze
by using

   ImageReadWrite   Brain.png  Braing.hdr

then convert it back to PNG by calling

   ImageReadWrite   Brain.hdr  Brain2.png