[Insight-users] MultiResMIRegistration Application?

Nasser Kashou kashoun at ee . eng . ohio-state . edu
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 18:16:45 -0400

Hi,
I'm testing the algorithm used in the MultiResMIRegistration Application.  The
test is very simple.  I have a fixed target image and a moving source image
which is rotated 90 deg. ClockWise (about the z-axis).  Below is my param file
for one of these tests:

C:/ResearchStuff/Images/rat01_128x128x256_1channels_8bit.raw
1
128 128 256
1 1 1
C:/ResearchStuff/Images/rot90rat01_128x128x256_1channels_8bit.raw
1
128 128 256
1 1 1
0 1 2
0 0 0
1
1 1 1
1 1 1
5000
1e-10
1
wk01vsRot90wk01_out_u8_1lev_sc1_r1e-10_5000it_ax012

-------------------------------
One observation I made is that the fixed image is rotated 90deg CW, and the
moving image is rotated 90deg CCW. I guess before even processing begins?...so
Q1.  Why and where is this transformation made?

Also, the registered image is being aligned with the Moving Source image,
rather than the fixed target image, unless I flip one of the axis of the moving
image.
Q2.  Why doesn't the registered image converge to be the same orientation as
the fixed target image?

please let me know if there is something i'm missing.
thanks Nasser Kashou (The Ohio State University)