[Insight-users] Wrapping itk for python

Fred Lionetti lionetti at bioeng . ucsd . edu
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 19:20:39 -0700

Hi everyone,

I'm a graduate student at the University of California, San Diego doing
research for the Bioengineering department.  I've just downloaded itk and
have been able to compile and run its applications.  What I really need,
however, is the ability to wrap such applications and execute them from
within python.  So I have the following questions:

1.) Do I need to wrap all of the itk libraries in order to wrap an
application which requires these libraries, or are these libraries already
wrapped and available for download?

2.) How exactly would I wrap an application such as registration?  How can
I find more information to begin such a process?

3.) In itkSoftwareGuide.pdf, under "wrapping" it indicates that more
information on the wrapping process can be found in Wrapping/CSwig/README.
This file does not seem to be found (not even the CSWIG directory) with
the itk 1.2.0 package available for download.

Any other help, suggestions or recommendations on beginning the itk
wrapping process would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advanced,
Fred