[Insight-users] ITK

Tue, 09 Dec 2003 23:00:16 -0500

Hi Peter

Building the toolkit in the same directory as the
sources is not a good practice.  (this is called
in-source build) The recomended way of building
ITK is by leaving the source code in an isolated
directory and building the object files, libraries
and executables in another directory. This is called
"out-source" build. The directory where you build
the toolkit is called the "binary" directory.

---

Please remove the entire directory where you have
ITK (in your case it is at the same time the source
directory and the binary directory, since you build
ITK in the same directory).

Then start from scratch and follow the installation
instructions in the SoftwareGuide

      http://www . itk . org/ItkSoftwareGuide . pdf

 Installation is discussed in Chapter One.

Please let us known if you continue experiencing any
problems,