[Insight-users] Debian/Linux linking

Neil Killeen Neil.Killeen@atnf.csiro.au
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 12:20:45 +1100 (EST)

Luis

I believe I know what is happening.  The Linux
server used to be RedHat.  It was recently rebuilt with
debian.  However, many infrastructure libraries
were not rebuilt.   I imagine that debian is
mangling the symbols differently.  As a check
i looked at the 3.0.4 build i made for gccxml
(with Debian), and indeed it has the leading underscores.
So the clue was indeed that your libraries are
different from ours.

This means we probably have to rebuild all of the
application library infrastructure and then
rebuild all applications.  :=((((

If you hear no more on this topic, this will be the
reason.

cheers
Neil