[Insight-users] Debian/Linux linking

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Tue, 04 Feb 2003 22:37:43 -0500

Hi Neil,

That may well be the reason of the libraries
intermixing.

RedHat and Debian have diffrent directory
structures.

Whenever you have the choice,  it is probably
better to install a machine from scratch than
trying to patch a previous installation.

In particular with Linux you can get a machine
ready in about two hours if not special drivers
are required.

Another healthy practice is to let die the older
versions...

That is, once you start using gcc3.2, you better
say some words of appreciation to your older 2.95
and...  remove it from the disk.

Good luck with the reinstallation.