[Insight-users] registering coronal & axial aquisitions?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Sat, 08 Feb 2003 00:24:02 -0500

Hi Dean,

I'm not sure I understand what you want to do...
 From the coronal + axial data sets you want to
produce a single data set ?

Do you want to resample one of them to fit on
the coordinate system of the other ?

If registration is the goal, you may want to
try the following registration components:

1)  MeanSquaresImageMetric
2)  AffineTransform
3)  RegularStepGradientDescent
4)  NearestNeighborInterpolator.

(1) is because your images are of the same
     modality

(2) ... well, it is up to you... QuaternionRigid3D
     could also be an option...

(3) Is a stable optimier that works well with
     the MeanSquaresMetric as cost function

(4) It is the fastest interpolator...

The final output of a registration process is
a transform that you may use in the Resample
ImageFilter in order to reformat the moving
image on the coordinate system of the fixed
image.

You may want to look at the examples in the
Directory:

        Insight/Examples/Registration

That are associated to the SoftwareGuide.pdf
http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf
Chapter 7 (pdf-page 167...)

Please let us know if you find any difficulties