[Insight-users] ImageIOFactory

Julien Jomier jjomier@cs.unc.edu
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 10:51:49 -0500

Hi Marcel,

> I was unable to read in a GIPL image using the
> ImageFileReader class and I
> found that the GiplImageIOFactory class was not registered in
> ImageIOFactory, was this done intentionally?

Yes this was intentional.
Luis do you think we can register gipl file format now using .gipl
extension ?

> In addition to that, I had to register the GIPL factory
> before the Analyze
> factory, otherwise the .gipl files will be opened using the
> Analyze IO class: ... ObjectFactoryBase::RegisterFactory(
> VTKImageIOFactory::New() ); // The following line was added
> ObjectFactoryBase::RegisterFactory(
> GiplImageIOFactory::New());
> ObjectFactoryBase::RegisterFactory( AnalyzeImageIOFactory::New()); ...

This is a problem with the analyze factory ...
Basically, in AnalyzeImageIO, CanRead() return true if he can read the
complete file (which is true for every file format) and do not check if
the file is really an Analyze one.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Julien