[Insight-users] Mesh issues

Mathieu Malaterre malat@free.fr
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 19:01:49 +0100

Hi all,

   I have been playing around this time with DeformableMeshFilter and as
I wanted to save my result I discover there was no MeshFileWriter (nor
MeshFileReader). I have browse the mailing list archive and found only:

http://www.itk.org/pipermail/insight-users/2002-September/001158.html

So there seems to be an equivalence between UnstructuredGrid and Mesh.

  Nevertheless my questions are

1. Is there any plan to add a real MeshFileReader/Writer to the toolkit ?

2. Can I use without any problem vtk2itk.cxx as a replacement ?

3. When using VTK I would rather use vtkPolyData for my mesh type. What
is the simpliest way to read a vtkPolyData into ITK ?

4. By the way if anyone could explain me what is the main difference
between those two types of data (vtkUnstructuredGrid and vtkPolyData).

Well I guess that's enough,

thanks for your time
mathieu