[Insight-users] Application directory in CVS repository

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 16:19:15 -0500

Hi Silvester,

InsightApplications is intended to be build outside the ITK tree.

Think of it as if ITK were OpenGL. It is different to install
OpenGL than to install applications using OpenGL. Certainly you
will not want to install OpenGL applications inside the tree
that contains OpenGL.

There is a separate CMakeLists.txt file with the InsightApplications
module. You can then create a separate binary tree for
InsightApplications. When you run CMake for InsightApplications, you
will have to tell where did you installed ITK, where is VTK, where
is FLTK.,... and so on.   That is, from the Applications perspective,
ITK is just another external library like FLTK or VTK.

Note however that this reorganization started today at 11:00am...
so there may still be a lot of things to fix.

You are welcome to give it a try an build it, but please don't
expect it to work at the first shot. You may be better off
waiting a couple of days so we clean everything up.

If you want to work with a stable release, please use the cvs tag

       SPIE-Medical-Imaging-2003