[Insight-users] extract slices from a volume

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 11:14:54 -0500

Hi Dunham,

I'm affraid there is not an equivalent of
an "InsertImageFilter" that could allow you
to insert slices back in an image.

You could do this by usin ImageIterators
but that will be out of the pipeline...

Now that,...

I doubt that reinserting processed slices in
a volume could be a good idea. In particular
in a medical application.

Your volume will be inconsistent once you put
the processed slices back.

---

Could you elaborate a bit on the reasons for
doing this type processing ?

What kind of processing are you performing on
the slices ?

I wonder if what you want to do is some sort
of streaming, in which case you could be using
the support for RequestedRegions that is built-in
the data pipeline mechanism.

Please let us know,