[Insight-users] Project administration: What are we working on ?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 16:47:49 -0500

During the recent developers meeting we discuss
the need for a mechanism allowing to coordinate
activities among developers as well as to inform
users of the aspects that are evolving on the
toolkit.

Our main concern is to prevent duplication of
effort now that the group of developers have almost
doubled in size. We are also interested in exchanging
ideas over topics that are under development. This
opens an space for user's feedback too.

As a result of this concern, a project management
system has been configured. You will find the Insight
Toolkit project administration page in the following URL:

   http://caddlab.rad.unc.edu/itkProjects/

Many thanks to Julien Jomier and Mathieu Jomier for
developing this system and to the CADDLAB at UNC for
hosting it.

This is an open resource.
The system allows to create projects with
a description and an assigned administrator.

Developers are assigned to projects by the project
administrator. Each project has a forum associated
with it. (you can reach the forum using the "links"
column)

The first step to participate in the project management
system is to create a login. Anybody can do this
(not only developers...) just by following the "login"
link at the top of the main page.

Once you have a login, you can create new projects
and associate developers to them.

You are also welcome to add comments to any of the open
forums and contribute to the discussions.

You will notice that this is a completly open system
without restrictions of use. We are conting on the
self-organizing nature of open source communities
to keep this space under control.

Please let us know if you have any questions regarding
the use of this new resource.