[Insight-users] PNG file writing

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 22:39:39 -0500

Hi Silvester,

The PNGImageReadWrite was an attempt to
experiment with the option of writing a volume
as a series of PNG images. Unfortunately this
functionality is not completly implemented
yet. So this particular application is not
working at this point. It is actually in the
list of applications to be removed before the
relase 1.2.

--

You are encouraged to try rather the examples
in the IO directory:

      Insight/Examples/IO

In particular:

   ImageReadWrite
   ImageReadCastWrite

Both of them are described in the software
guide on the section "Reading and Writing Images".

--

As Jim pointed out, all these examples use the
filename extension as a mechanism to decide what

If you are looking for a mechanism for reading
and writing volumes, the best formats at this
point are: MetaImage, Analyze, Gipl and VTK.

--

Please let us know if you encounter any problem
with these examples.