[Insight-users] Auxilliary/vtk

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Thu, 02 Jan 2003 11:46:22 -0500

Hi Neil,

Neil Killeen wrote:
> In my previous post I asked:
>
> Question:
>
> is using this class [itkImageToVTKImageFilter] the one true mechanism to
> follow for interfacing with VTK ?  If so, I assume it will be built
> automatically when I turn the USE_VTK  switch on inside the ITK
> CMakeLists.txt file ?

Yes, it is the simplest mechanism.
But, it doesn't has to be built since it is a templated classe.
That's one of the beauties of Generic Programming.
You don't need to enable "USE_VTK". This flag is only relevant
for the demo - applications on the toolkit.

> well,  since you 'mericans are still snoozing, I had a go at this
> anyway....

   Not snoozing !!!
   We were in state of deep meditation
   making resolutions for the new year !!  :-)

> The answer appears to be no, this interface class does not
> get installed properly.

You are right, the answer is "no".
This class is not supposed to be installed. It is not
officially part of the toolkit. The same is true for
the FLTK interface classes.

Probably the best way to use this classes is to copy
the files in a directory that you include in the list
of Include path for headers in the CMakeLists.txt file
of your project.

Please let us know if you have further questions.