[Insight-users] Build problem : undefined versioned symbol name

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Thu, 02 Jan 2003 19:50:08 -0500

Hi Sambit,

Thanks for the information about your build.
 From the list of executables it seems that
the toolkit is building ok, and most of the
tests and demo-applications are working fine.

So, the problem is quite specific to the
Curve2DExtractor.

This application has always have a strange
problem in a casting of the itk::Mesh class.
It usually results in a warning at run time.
You will see that this is the only application
using a "reinterpret_cast".  I wonder if this
may be related with the error message you
are getting.

Did you tried building non-shared libraries ?

If this issue is particular to gcc 2.96 I would
suggest to simply drop the compiler and move to
gcc 3.2. You already have 3.2 installed anyways.

You can also just skip this application by
removing its directory from the CMakeLists.txt
file in its parent directory.

Please let us know if you find any other hint.