[Insight-users] Building ITK and VTK on linux

Ofri Sadowsky ofri@cs.jhu.edu
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 17:21:46 -0500

Hi,

I am trying to build the Insight 1.0.0 release on a Linux workstation,
where VTK 4.0 has already been installed.

The ITK package without VTK examples is built successfully. But when
I tryo to add the VTK examples - by setting

BUILD_EXAMPLES                   ON
USE_VTK                          ON

in ccmake, the build fails on the file

InsightToolkit-1.0.0/Examples/vtkITK/Common/vtkITKMutualInformationTransform.cxx

with many errors. The last of which is
"class vtkITKMutualInformationTransform' has no member named
`Superclass'
/usr/local/erc-share/downloaded-src/itk10/InsightToolkit-1.0.0/Examples/vtkITK/Common/vtkITKMutualInformationTransform.cxx:90:
parse
   error before `::' token"

I use gmake and g++/gcc for the compilation. The operating system is
"Red Hat Linux release 8.0 (Psyche)". The error occurs only if both the
above flags are ON. cmake and ccmake do not report any problems.

Please help me find the problems, as I would like to evaluate the use of
VTK and ITK together.

Thanks,

Ofri.