[Insight-users] itk::fem Applying Boundary Conditions

Chad Washington chad.w.washington@vanderbilt.edu
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 10:11:54 -0600

I am trying to use the fem Solver class with itpack as the Linear Wrapper.  I
want to apply a Dirchlet(essential) boundary condition nodally to a specific
DOF.  Example:
Element 0 defined by Nodes 1 and 2.
Each node has 2 degrees of freedom.
I want to apply an essential BC of value1 to DOF 1 for Node 1
Apply an essential BC of value2 to DOF 1 for Node 2
And a Dirchlet to the second DOF for both Nodes.

It appears that LoadBC defines this on an element basis, and LoadNode only
handles Neumann boundary conditions.  Can this be done or will I have to
develop a new Load class to handle these?
Thanks in advance

Chad Washington
Biomedical Modeling Lab
Vanderbilt University