[Insight-users] itkEucledianDistance

Jisung Kim bahrahm@yahoo.com
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 11:45:49 -0800 (PST)

The TVector type should have the TVector::Length
constant in it. That's the only requirement. The
Length constant should tell the length of the vector
(number of components).

Variable length vectors are not supported.
itk::FixedArray, itk::Point, itk::Vector are
supported.
Or you can create your own vector class as long as the
cutome vector class has Length constant in it and the
lenght is determined at the compile time.

Thanks,

--- kumar <MaKumartr@netscape.net> wrote:
> Hello Everyone
> I am wanting to compute the Eucledian Distance
> between two vectors and
> I thought I could use the class EucledianDistance
> from the itk::Statistics
> It is templated over TVector
>
> So I tried to declare

itk::Statistics::EuclideanDistance<vnl_vector<double>
> > Distance_Computer;
>
> But that did not help me as the class TVector needs
> some functions to be
> implemented
> by it  as seen in the following functions
>
> itkStaticConstMacro(VectorLength, unsigned int,
> TVector::Length);
>   typedef typename TVector::ValueType ValueType ;
>
> So the class needs a variable called Length and also
> a variable called
> ValueType
> Since these are not there in vnl_vector this class
> cannot be used in
> instantiating Eucledian class with vnl_vector
>
> What could be done in  this case ( A new derived
> class could be created
> , but that leads to lot of rework for just that
> case)
>
> And also what shoudl be the structure of TVector
> that is wanted b
> yEucledian class is not known easily
>
> Any feedback on this is welcome
>
> Thanks and Warm Regards
> Kumar
>

> --
> Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and
> great gift ideas.
> Experience the convenience of buying online with
> Shop@Netscape!
> http://shopnow.netscape.com/

=====
Jisung Kim