[Insight-users] vtk -> itk -> (itk process) -> itk -> vtk

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 10:38:10 -0500

Hi John,

Probably the real solution is for us to
extend the VTK/ITK import mechanism for
supporting Color images.

In the meantime, both of your (1) and (2)
options are feasible.

For option (1) you may want to look at the
ImageAdaptors in ITK. They allow to merge
three scalar images into a single RGBImage.
You could do this both as a filter or as
an Adaptor. The adaptor is probably the best
tradeoff in memory.

For option (2) the limitation is that
the pipeline updates between ITK and VTK
will have to be managed manually. But,
if you want to solve the problem in
less than an hour. That seems to be the
way to go.