[Insight-users] hysteresis thresholding, local maxima filter

Mon, 07 Jul 2003 10:21:12 -0400

Hi Gwen,

Hysteresis thresholding is implemented as part of the
CannyEdgeDetectionImageFilter
http://www . itk . org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1CannyEdgeDetectionImageFilter . html

Please take a look at the method HyteresisThresholding() in
itkCannyEdgeDetectionImageFilter.txx line 393

Do you need to apply this operation outside of the Canny edge
detection framework ?

--

Local maxima is detected used zero crossings on a second derivative
image (e.g. the Laplacian)

Pure Zero crossing is implemented in
http://www . itk . org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ZeroCrossingImageFilter . html

Zero crossing of the laplacian is implemented in
http://www . itk . org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ZeroCrossingBasedEdgeDetectionImageFilter . html