[Insight-users] Getting PyObject* through to wrapped C++ code

Charl P. Botha c . p . botha at ewi . tudelft . nl
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 19:49:52 +0200

Hi again Bill,

On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 01:41:22PM -0400, Bill Hoffman wrote:
> I would still rather not have ITK specific code in CableSwig.cxx.
> A small helper function might be a better way to go.  Alternatively,

Whoops, we're having email synchronisation problems.  This answers my
question that's posed in a mail you'll receive shortly before this. :)  For
now, I'll try and code helper functions in SwigExtras.i to do what I want
and back out the changes from CableSwig.cxx.

> if you could figure out how to call the swig parser again we could
> add .i files to the process as an extra option.
>
> cswig -swig_extras swig.i wrap_foo.cxx

This would probably be the best solution.  While I'm still getting my feet
wet though, I'm going to opt for the helper function one above, as that
seems to be used by TclCommand as well.

Okay, my only other outstanding issue is the modification to
itkExceptionObject where ::what() could perhaps return a parsed combination
of GetFile(), GetLine() and GetDescription() instead of just
GetDescription().  Should I make a patch?

Thanks again,
Charl

--
charl p. botha http://cpbotha . net/ http://visualisation . tudelft . nl/