[Insight-users] VersorTransform takes 6 parameters?

Tue, 22 Jul 2003 14:48:33 -0400

Hi Michael,

My apologies, I missed the point in the previous email.

The VersorTransform I actually implementing pure rotations
in 3D space (no translation at all). This transform is
using 3 parameters only. The parameters are the three
components of the Versor. The bug was in the Doxygen
documentation which was wrongly making mention of 6
parameters and an offset. There are only 3 parameters
in this transform.

The VersorRigid3DTransform on the other hand is applying
a rigid 3D transform using a Versor for representing
rotation and a Vector for representing translations.

Something we will unify in the short future is that
the VersorRigid3DTransform has an option for setting
the Center of rotation while the VersorTransform uses
the default image origin of coordinates. Due to that
the VersorRigid3DTransform end up having 9 effective
parameters.

This will probably change, so both transforms allow
users to set the rotation center, and none of them
uses the center of rotation coordinates as part of
its parameters.

  Hope this is less obscure now,

BTW: The doxygen documentation for the itkVesorTransform
has been fixed. It will not show up in the web until
tomorrow though.