[Insight-users] Registration and Spacing : Bug

Wed, 23 Jul 2003 18:04:13 -0400

Hi David,

Another possible suspect is the computation of Jacobians
in the transforms. However, the translation transform
used by Carolyn and Michael have a quite simple Jacobian,
which leaves few room for error.

In the case you mention, the VersorRigid3DTransform is used,
this transform has a rather complex Jacobian, which make it
a better candidate for failure.

It is not clear at this point if both effects of increasing
cost-function are originated from a single error.

Would you observe the same miss-behavior of the optimizer
if you replace the VersorRigid3DTransform with a simple
Translation  ?