[Insight-users] looking for Watershed Boundary example

Joshua Cates cates at sci . utah . edu
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 10:11:56 -0600 (MDT)

Hi,

The watershed::Boundary and BoundaryResolver are actually only used to
resolve global connectivities from local computations during streaming
applications.  So the meaning of "boundary" in this case is different from
what you need.  I don't know of any quick way to generate outlines of the
labeled regions in ITK.  The Examples/Segmentation/WatershedSegmentation1
may give you some other ideas for visualization.  To generate outlines,
you may need to write your own code, but it shouldn't be difficult. Keep
in mind, however, that boundaries are actually between pixels.

Josh.

 Josh Cates
 School of Computer Science
 University of Utah