[Insight-users] Compiling ITK with MIPSPro

Bjoern Hanch Sollie bjorns at octane . oslo . sgi . com
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 12:50:03 +0200

Hi all,

I'm trying to compile ITK 1.0.0 under IRIX 6.5.19m using MIPSPro 7.4,
alas with little success so far.  I have successfully compiled both
versions 1.0.0 and 1.2.0 using GCC 3.2.2, but I would much prefer to
use the native compiler, if possible.  A few of the libraries actually
do compile before I run into the problem below (these libraries
are ).  If anyone here has compiled any version of ITK using
MIPSPro, any hints as to how you got around the irks and quirks will
be greatly appreciated.

Output from my failed attempt to compile follows:

Building dependencies. cmake.depends...
`cmake.check_depends' is up to date.
`cmake.depends' is up to date.
Building object file itkBloxItem.o...
Building object file itkDataObject.o...
Building object file itkDecisionRuleBase.o...
Building object file itkDirectory.o...
Building object file itkDynamicLoader.o...
Building object file itkEventObject.o...
Building object file itkExceptionObject.o...
Building object file itkFastMutexLock.o...
Building object file itkFileOutputWindow.o...
Building object file itkGaussianKernelFunction.o...
cc-1020 CC: ERROR File = /oslo/people/bjorns/Insight/InsightToolkit-1.0.0/Code/Common/itkGaussianKernelFunction.h, Line = 54
  The identifier "exp" is undefined.

      { return ( exp( -0.5 * vnl_math_sqr( u ) ) * m_Factor ); }
                 ^

1 error detected in the compilation of "/oslo/people/bjorns/Insight/InsightToolkit-1.0.0/Code/Common/itkGaussianKernelFunction.cxx".
*** Error code 2 (bu21)
*** Error code 1 (bu21)
*** Error code 1 (bu21)
*** Error code 1 (bu21)
*** Error code 1 (bu21)
*** Error code 1 (bu21)
*** Error code 1 (bu21)
bjorns at octane:~/Insight/InsightBuild-1.0.0:$