[Insight-users] RE: Stitching multiple images

Fri, 27 Jun 2003 16:45:58 -0400

Hi Jessica,

Are you doing something like creating a mosaic
image using partial images that overlap between
them ?

How big is the overlap region ?
If it contains a considerable fraction of the image
you may use a registration process for finding the
right mapping of one image into the coordinate
system of the other.

Once you find this transform, you can use the
ResampleImage filter for mapping the two
images into a common coordinte system.

For one image you will use the Identity transform
and for the other you will use the transform
resultinf from the registration process.

Note that if you are building a mosaic, the
size of the output image in the ResampleImage
filter has to be selected large enough for
containing both images once they are mapped
to a common coordinate system.

You may want to take a look at the Registration
Chapter in the software guide
http://www . itk . org/ItkSoftwareGuiide . pdf
and to the section describing the ResampleImage
filter.  (Section 5.7.1).

--

Please let us know if you have further
questions,