[Insight-users] How to flood fill a big hole using a seed point

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Mon, 03 Mar 2003 11:50:39 -0500

Hi Fucang,

Probably the easiest way to proceed is
by using the region growing filter:

   itk::ConnectedThresholdImageFilter

This is described in the Software Guide

http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

Section 8.1.1, pdf-page 245.

This filter fills out a region starting from
a seed point, subject to the condition that
pixels in the region must have intensities
inside a range provided by the user.

You can put multiple seed by using the method:

       AddSeed()

In this way you can add, a seed per hole to
fill, and make a single execution of the
filter.

This will be much more efficient than
morphological operators.

Please let us know if you find any problems,