[Insight-users] hlep!!1 Installation: How to download ...

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Wed, 05 Mar 2003 11:25:14 -0500

Hi Zhao,

You can download ITK 1.2 by using the following CVS commands:

cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@public.kitware.com:/cvsroot/Insight login
(respond to password with :  insight )

Then,

cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@public.kitware.com:/cvsroot/Insight co Insight
           -r Release-1-2

(in a single line)

VTK version 4.2 can be downloaded with the following CVS commands:

cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@public.kitware.com:/cvsroot/VTK login
(respond to password with :  vtk )

Then,

cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@public.kitware.com:/cvsroot/VTK co VTK
           -r release-4-2

(in a single line)

For the configuration you can follow the instructions in the
SoftwareGuide.

           http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

You better fully remove the old versions before downloading this
ones. This will save you disk space and also some headaches  :-)

If you are behind a firewall, you have to contact your network
administrator and make sure that the port 2401 is open to the
outside world. This is the port used by CVS.

Please let us know if you have further questions,