[Insight-users] FLTK and ITK on Mac OS X

Phillip Cheng pmcheng@u.washington.edu
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 11:41:42 -0800

Hello,

I'm having some problems using some of the FLTK applications in
InsightApplications under MacOS 10.2.4.

A number of applications such as MetaImageViewer and ImageRegistration
build and run without error, but for some reason I cannot bring the
windows into focus.  Interestingly, individual window widgets such as
buttons and drop lists are responsive, but the window itself is not.
Because the windows do not have focus, keyboard events are not
received.  For instance, I can load an image in MetaImageViewer and a
crosshair appears on mouse-clicks, but I cannot move between slices
with the keyboard.

I am using fltk-1.1.3 and Apple's X11 0.2.  I should also note that I
can run fluid and the applications in the fltk/test directory without
any window focus problems.

Another problem is that the InsightApplications build chokes on
AnisotropicDiffusionFltkGui:

===

[lots of successful output omitted...]

Building executable AnisotropicDiffusionFltkGui2D...
ld: Undefined symbols:
Fl::error
make[3]: *** [AnisotropicDiffusionFltkGui2D] Error 1
make[2]: *** [default_target] Error 2
make[1]: *** [default_target_AnisotropicDiffusionFltkGui] Error 2
make: *** [default_target] Error 2

===

I'm not very familiar with FLTK, so I hope someone out there can help!

Thanks,

Phillip