[Insight-users] Re: ImageIOFactory

Hans Johnson hans-johnson@uiowa.edu
Thu, 06 Mar 2003 09:07:03 -0600

Mathieu,

The problem addressed in the thread has been resolved.  The
CreateImageIO function prototype has changed from:
static ImageIOBasePointer CreateImageIO(const char* path);
to:
static ImageIOBasePointer CreateImageIO(const char* path, FileModeType
mode);

Where the FileModeType is used to determine if it is reading or writing.
  I hope that this helps.

Regards,
Hans J. Johnson
hans-johnson@uiowa.edu

PS: I am working on several other image file format filters right now.
If you would like to contribute it as part of the ITK standard
distribution, please just let me know.  I can help get it committed to
the source tree once this file filter is complete and properly tested.

Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> Hans,
>     I have read your thread about IOFactory writing problem:
>
> http://www.itk.org/pipermail/insight-users/2002-June/000533.html
>
> Do you know if it has been fixed.
>
> Because, I wrote a StimulateImageIOFactory:
>
> http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/~malaterre/itk/stimulate/
>
> Everything is working fine when I specify that ImageIO is of type
> StimulateIO, but if I remove the explicit
>
> writer->SetImageIO( stimIO );
>
> at the end of the pipeline (see StimulateReadWrite.cxx), weird stuff
> happen. By weird I mean the file written contains good spacing,
> dimensions... but everything that are particular to StimulateIO are
> missing.
>
> Do you know what's happening (because Reading process is just fine ...)
>
> Thanks for your time,
> mathieu

Hans J. Johnson                              W294 GH
hans-johnson@uiowa.edu                       Dept. of Psychiatry
http://www.psychiatry.uiowa.edu/~hjohnson    The University of Iowa
(319) 353-8587                               Iowa City, IA 52242