[Insight-users] Re: ITK + VTK :

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Sun, 16 Mar 2003 10:39:03 -0500

Hi Zhao,

The classes for connecting ITK images to
VTK images are now available as part of
a separate CVS module.

This separation has been made with the aim
of eliminating artificial dependencies between
ITK and other toolkits/libraries (e.g. VTK,
FLTK, OpenGL, Glut).

You will find the ITK to VTK adaptors in the
InsightApplications cvs module in the directory

     InsightApplications/Auxiliary/vtk

You can also get a tar.gz or .zip file of
this module from the ITK download page.

--

ITK itself doesn't require nor depend on VTK.
Using ITK and VTK together is an option selected

Please let us know if you find any problems.