[Insight-users] Multi-resolution and Level set segmentation

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Sun, 16 Mar 2003 12:09:08 -0500

Hi Fucang,

This is certainly a good approach.

You can combine multi-resolution and level set segmentation.
Even, level set segmentation.

Jim Miller at GE have done some experimentation on this
approach with very positive results.

At this point, there is not a built-in support in ITK
for doing level-sets in a multi-resolution framework.

You could however take advantage of the ImagePyramids
used as data structures for multi-resolution registration,
and get with them images at various levels of resolution.

You can develop a level starting in the low resolutions
and progresively move to higher resolutions.

Please let us know if you have further questions,