[Insight-users] Is an ITK for Dummies planned?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 16:52:47 -0500

Hi Bill,

Well, we were hopping that the SoftwareGuide will
have a style general enough to reach people with
different backgrounds and different levels.

The extract that you quote is a clear evidence that
we still have to work more on the guide in order
to achieve that goal. I have to admit that without
the diagram that goes with the paragraph I have
trouble to read it myself, and I already got my
second afternoon coffee  :-)

We don't have plans to write an "ITK for Dummies"
at this point, but we will certainly rewrite the
paragraph that you just quoted !

Maybe we will move the current paragraph to a
footnote, and replace it with a more plain-language
version in the text body.

--

You will find in many places in the guide that it is
hard to provide plain explanations that are still

We appreciate any feedback on the guide. This is
simply the approach of writing text as we write
open source code. The advantage is that is open for
criticisims and flexible for correction.

Thanks for pointing this out. Please let us know of
any other similar passages you may find when reading
the guide.