[Insight-users] ITK build for Linux crashes : second thought

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 22:22:23 -0500

Interesting,...

Without libfltk_gl.a,

programs like ThinPlateSplines should not link....

This doesn't seem to have changed in FLTK.

In my build of FLTK 1.1.3 the library libfltk_gl.a
is still created. And verifying with "nm -C" it is
the only one, out of the four libraries, that contains
the symbol "Fl_Gl_Window".

There seems to be something very particular about
your system...

Is this a recent Linux ?
Do you use Mesa to provide OpenGL functionalities ?
Is the system file: Gl/gl.h   in a visible place ?

You may want to double check the log generated by
./configure in the FLTK directory. It may have happend
that it reported and error that prevents it from
building the OpenGL related library.

We have build FLTK in a variety of systems ranging
from SGI, SUN, Windows, Linux and Mac.... the opengl
library is created in all of them.

Please let us know if you find any hints,