[Insight-users] convert dicom data to vtk data?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 22:26:43 -0500

Hi Zhuo,

You can convert a series of Dicom files to a VTK
volume by creating a small text header file called
a MetaImage header.

This file contains information about the image
size, spacing, origin, endiannes, pixel type
and can include a list of the filenames of dicom
files containing the slices.

You can create a MetaImage file by using the
application: MetaImageImporter, available in
the InsightApplication module.

Then you can modify the simple example in
Image/Examples/IO/ImageReadWrite.cxx

Just change the image dimension from 2 to 3.

finally run it like

ImageReadWrite myDicomMetaImageHeader.txt  image.vtk

It will write your dicom data into a VTK image file.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.