[Insight-users] How to equalize the brightness of sequential images?

Fucang Jia jiafucang@hotmail.com
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 21:20:54 +0800

Hi Luis, hi everyone,

I am encoutering a problem, there are some serial section images, which were
scanned by a digital camera. Due to the collection was not done in the same
time and the background light are not the same. This problem does not affect
registration in fact. But it affect the segmentation. I use Rescale and
Normalize filter to adjust the image brightness, but the result seems not
good. I wonder to know if there exists good method to equalize the
brightness. And firstly, how to compute the brightness of an image, should
convert RGB colorspace to HSV one and then compute the mean of V(value), or
convert to HLS colorspace and compute the mean of the Lightness?

Thanks a lot!

Fucang