[Insight-users] Re: Problems running InsightApplications

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 16:50:25 -0500

Hi Jianming,

Let me first clarify that the images in the SoftwareGuide
were not generated with any of the programs in InsightApplication.

They were all produced with the command line examples available in

             Insight/Examples

In particular, figure 8.11 was generated using

    Insight/Examples/Segmentation/FastMarchingLevelSet.cxx

The images used for this example are available in

          Insight/Examples/Data

----

Now, about the problem you find with the GUI application,
The reason why it is crashing is that it expects a 3D image,
not a 2D one.  By providing a PNG image, the program is
internally creating a 3D image of N x M x 1 pixels.

That passes ok for the display.  However, the gradient filter
that follows, uses a set IIR filters that expect at least
four values in a sequence, that means that the size of the
image along any dimesion should be more than 5 pixels.

DISCLAIMER:
     Note that the applications in InsightApplications are
intended to be just demos of how to use ITK. They are not
built to be robust nor to be used for critical work, which
explains the lack of defensive testing on the entries.

Please use any of the 3D BrainWeb images available in
the ITK ftp data site. (follow the link to Data in
http://www.itk.org)

Also note that this application expect you to click in
the "INPUT" image in order to select the seeds. You
can click on any number of seeds. The seeds have to
be selected *before* you trigger the update of the
fastmarching filter.

Please let us know if you find further problems,