[Insight-users] Re:Running examples in the SoftwareGuide

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 23:22:57 -0500

Hi Jianming,

A) The images in figure 8.11 of the SoftwareGuide.pdf
    where generated with the example:

    Insight/Examples/Segmentation/FastMarchingImageFilter

    The example is explained in detail starting in
    section 8.3.1, pdf-page 263. The nature of these images
    is explained in figure 8.10. They are the itermediate
    results of the preprocessing steps required for creating
    the speed image for the FastMarching filter.

    The FastMarching example, will automatically write
    the files:

       FastMarchingFilterOutput4.png
       FastMarchingFilterOutput4.mha
       FastMarchingFilterOutput3.png
       FastMarchingFilterOutput3.mha
       FastMarchingFilterOutput2.png
       FastMarchingFilterOutput2.mha
       FastMarchingFilterOutput1.png

    The images in Figure 8.11 are taken from this intermediate
    output.

    Here is a typical command line for obtaining these
    images

     FastMarchingImageFilter.exe BrainProtonDensitySlice.png
          FastMarchingOutput.png 81 114 1.0 -0.5  3.0 100 50

     (to be typed in a single line...)

B) The parameter in the table of page (in paper) 247
    which corresponds to pdf-page 269, are to be used
    with the input image BrainProtonDensitySlice.png
    available in Examples/Data.

    Basically the table provides different seed points
    for segmenting different structures.  The results
    of the segmentaions for every row in the table
    are shown in the figure 8.12.

    Actually you can click on the hyper-links in the
    right column of the table and jump to figure 8.12
    where the results are.

    Note that all of this output images have been
    generated from a single input image, simply
    by using the parameters in the table. The most
    relevant of such parameters in this case is the
    seed point position.