[Insight-users] ADD_GUI_EXECUTABLE: ----> FLTK not configured correctly

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Sun, 23 Mar 2003 22:11:44 -0500

Hi Brad,

Some clarification first:

1)  InsightApplications and the InsightToolkit
     are thightly coupled,

     You will not be able to build the CVS version
     of InsigthApplications with the version 1.2 of
     Insight, nor the version 1.2 of InsightApplications
     with the CVS version of Insight.

     Please use the same version for both Insight
     and InsightApplicationns. They are evolving
     together.

2) The ADD_GUI_EXECUTABLE command that you find, was
    recently added in order to manage the definition
    of GUI resources in the Mac.  It is not a CMake
    command in  itself. Instead it is a CMake macro.
    You will find it defined in the main CMakeLists.txt
    file in InsightApplications.

    In line 85 you will see:

       MACRO(ADD_GUI_EXECUTABLE name sources)

    This is done for having a particular behavior on the
    Mac, and a different behavior on Unix and Windows.

3) Also, please make sure that you use CMake 1.6.5.

---

Now,
  The error that you find is due to a miss configuration
of FLTK. It looks like you enabled USE_FLTK but have not
provided all the FLTK componenet correctly.  Please pass
to advanced mode in 'ccmake' and verify that you set up
correclty:

- the full path to fluid
- the path to FLTK headers (without the 'FL' direcotry)
- the full path (including filename) to fltk.a
- the full path (including filename) to fltk_gl.a
- the full path (including filename) to fltk_froms.a
- the full path (including filename) to fltk_images.a

If any one of them is missing, the FLTK_GUI command is
not enabled by CMake, and the ADD_GUI_MACRO ends up
being undefined.

Please let us know if you find any further problems.