[Insight-users] What does MetaImageReadWrite produce? = MetaImages, not VTK images

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 06:44:05 -0500

Hi Zhuo,

Please don't use the MetaImageReadWrite program
in InsightApplications.

This is NOT the program you want.
It will not write images in VTK format.
It will only write another MetaImage.

Please use the program:

  ImageReadWrite.cxx  if your data is 16 bits

or

  ImageReadCastWrite.cxx if your data is 8bits

Both programs are in the "Examples" directory:

       Insight/Examples/IO

IMPORTANT:
Before running these programs in your data,
please change the Dimension from 2D to 3D.

This can be done by editing:

   - line 92 in ImageReadWrite.cxx
   - line 79 in ImageReadCastWrite.cxx

These lines are now 2D:

  const   unsigned int        Dimension = 2;

Since your data is 3D, the lines should be:

  const   unsigned int        Dimension = 3;