[Insight-users] Will the convertion have any bad effect on the images?

Mathieu Malaterre Mathieu.Malaterre@creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 13:41:13 +0100

Hon-Cheng,
	I guess your remark was about compression. A PNG file contains
compressed data, but in any case the data will be destroy (compared to
jpeg file format). Even if you compress to the best rate your PNG file
will contains everything.

	Also note that there is two differents types of image: grayscale and
color. Pay attention if your TIFF image is in color to not generate
grayscale PNG files.

HTH
mathieu

--