[Insight-users] Re: How about >16 bits?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 21:51:42 -0500

Hi Zhuo,

If the 24 bits are associated with RGB components,
with 8bits per component, you will have to modify
the code in the ImageReadWrite.cxx file.

You will need:

  typedef itk::RGBPixel< char > PixelType;
  typedef itk::Image< PixelType, 3 > ImageType;
  typedef itk::ImageFileReader< ImageType > ReaderType;
  typedef itk::ImageFileWriter< ImageType > WriterType;

Examples are available in

  Insight/Examples/IO

and are described in the SoftwareGuide
http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf