[Insight-users] Image Reader/Writer

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 17:16:16 -0500

Hi Jon,

ITK doesn't support JPEG nor BMP formats at this point.

Please consider using any of the following formats:

- Analyze
- DICOM
- MetaImage
- GIPL
- VTK

The full set of file formats supported depends on
the ImageIO objects available in the directory:

        Insight/Code/IO

This open architecture allows you to add more readers
without affecting the code in applications.

There are some ongoing efforts to add a JPEG
reader/writer but it could take some weeks before
it is ready to use.

Please let us know if you have further questions.