AW: AW: [Insight-users] Question about Conntected Regions

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 23:23:02 -0500

Hi Salah,

I will insist in going back to your segmentation process.

There is always more information before segmentation than
after.  Concepts that are quite obvious for the human eye
may result pretty hard to grasp with image processing
algorithms. That is, you may be attacking the problem in
a point where it is not easy to solve.

It will be easier to figure out a way of differentiating
both regions in the original image before segmentation.

If the figures have well defined shapes, you could attempt
to achieve segmentation by doing model-to-image registration,
using one model for each shape. This will be much more
efficient.

Could you give us some details about what this segmentation
is intended for ?  e.g. anatomical structure, image modality...

    Luis