[Insight-users] Re: read series files

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 08:53:37 -0500

Hi Zhao,

zhao yong qiang wrote:
> Hi Luis,
>    1.How to read  series DICOM or other type files in VTK?

1) You may want to send this question to the VTK mailing list.
   VTK and ITK are separate toolkits. VTK is oriented to visualization,
   ITK is oriented to image processing, with emphasis in segmentation
   and registration.

If you want to read DICOM images with ITK the
simplest way at this point is to use the
MetaImageImporter application that will generate
a MetaImage header for you.

> 2. If I define the itk::image<pixel type, 3>,how I write the series
> images data to the defined image type? I check that
> itk::ImportImageFilter can import data from a standard C array into an
> itk::Image  ,but I can not find how I set input data.
>    Thanks!!!

2) Examples on how to write data are availble in

    Insight/Code/IO

  and are described in the SoftwareGuide
  http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf
  Chapter 6, pdf-page 157

  By default, writers use the PixelType when writing
  to the file. You can modify this if you directly
  instantiate the ImageIO object and invoke its method
  SetPixelType().
  http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ImageIOBase.html

  Note that this will result in a C-style casting with no
  effort for correcting the dynamic range of the intensities.