[Insight-users] DOxygen configuration

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Tue, 06 May 2003 10:21:38 -0400

Hi Neil,

You are right, when you enable "DOCUMENTATION"
during the configuration process, this will
only make sure that the 'doxygen.config' file
is created.

Running Doxygen, as you already found, is quite
easy on the command line. It also take a good
amount of time, so for practical purposes is
has been convenient to do it manually as an
independent step, instead of being one of the
things to do during 'make'.

We certainly don't want to rebuild the documentation
every time we make a change in our local copies
of the toolkit.  Note that the Doxygen documentation
in the ITK.org web site is updated *nightly*.

It takes a good hour to generate the documentation
and doxygen does not make partial builds. That is,
there is no way to build just the documentation of
the things that have changed.