[Insight-users] Re: 3Dvolume..

Thu, 15 May 2003 16:01:40 -0400

Hi Yasser,

Please concatenate all the slices in a single raw file
containing the full volume.

Then create a MetaImage header for it. You may use the
MetaImageImporter application to that end (It is in
InsightApplications/MetaImageImporter.)

You can also use the MRIConvert developed by Jolinda Smith.
http://lcni.uoregon.edu/~jolinda/MRIConvert

Once you have the file you can apply any of the techniques
described in the Segmentation chapter of the SoftwareGuide
http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf
Chapter 8, pdf-page 225.

What precise Brain structures are you interested into
segment ?

It is quite unlikely that you may succed to segment a
brain structure by simple thresholding.

You may want to try the FastMarching and LevelSet segmentation
methods, as well as watersheds.