[Insight-users] Parameters Tuning -- Help Needed !!!

Mon, 19 May 2003 09:16:06 -0400

Hi Sateesh,

Maybe I'm missing something in your description,
but what you describe seems to be a normal behavior.

Once you are done with the registration process,
the resulting transform may contain some scaling along
the Z axis. This can easily result in blank slices
being produced at the output of the resampled moving
image.

This can be common since the anatomical region covered
by the CT scan may not be the same as the one covered
by the PET scan.

The blank slices are not a problem in themselves.

What you really need to verify is the right alignment
in the slices that do exist. In other words, you may
have to compare (with a checkerboard, or color encoding,
or with blending...) the fixed image with the resampled
moving image. Ignore the blank slices at the beginning
and end of the volume.

If the two volumes align well the anatomical structures,
you are in good shape an may not need to perform any
further parameter tunning.