[Insight-users] ImageReadExtractWrite!!!

marisa aurelio asiram00 at hotmail . com
Wed, 21 May 2003 10:10:08 +0000

Hi U All,

I'm still having doubts about ImageReadExtractWrite.
If I understood correctly, when they say that we must call the file saying:
inputImageFile outputImageFile startX startY sizeX sizeY, they mean:

- inputImageFile = the name of the file where the image is
- outputImageFile = the name we want to give to the output file
- startX = axis X = where we want to start
- startY = axis X = where we want to start
- sizeX = the size of the picture we want in the X axis
- sizeY = the size of the picture we want in the Y axis.

So, if I have an image with 512x512 I could never say that I want sizeX =
514, for example.
But I can. Only above a certain value, it gives an error. WHY???

Also, I'm using a PNG image and, as someone said I must change:
typedef signed short InputPixelType (still the same)
typedef signed short OutputPixelType -> typedef unsigned short
OutputPixelType;

I did this, but what I get is a total black image, using:
- startX = 1
- startY = 1
- sizeX = 400
- sizeY = 400