[Insight-users] How can I convert the binary output of EdidorFltkGui to MetaImage format?

Joshua Cates cates at sci . utah . edu
Mon, 3 Nov 2003 11:00:18 -0700 (MST)

Hi Rao,

Sorry for the confusion, I need to write better documentation on this: the
tricky part is that these binary files have small header.  The header is
simply the 6 integer extent of the volume x0 x1 y0 y1 z0 z1, i.e. 6*4
bytes.  I wrote this code in the early days of ITK, before we had good
support for IO.

So the process is first to strip off this 24 byte header, then write a
text MetaImage header.  For the latter, you can use the MetaImageImporter
application or just copy an existing header and modify appropriately.  The
data part of the file is unsigned chars.  You might also look to see
if there is a field in the MetaImage header that will allow skipping the
first N bytes of data.

At some point I will modify the code to write these in a true raw format
instead, maybe a Meta Image or VTK format.  In the meantime, I will beef
up the documentation.

Josh.

 Josh Cates
 Scientific Computing and Imaging Institute
 University of Utah
 Email: cates at sci . utah . edu
 Phone: (801) 587-7697